Sunday, August 31, 2014

Saturday...

Saturday I got the opportunity to hang out with Moses, Brittany and their two grown kids Charis and Toby, what a cool family. Moses and I talked business (he's involved in several international projects) while Erick absorbed every word. Moses is an intellectual phenom, and let's face it, anytime you get to hang out with a guy has a direct line to the presidents office is an absolute trip. Toby loves Legos and playing with his cars while Charis is an incredibly talented artist who is enjoying taking design classes at the school where her mother teaches. 

I followed lunch with Moses & Brittany by meeting up with Tim and Terry Andrews. Tim heads up Worldvision Tanzania and his wife Terry has a children's ministry, an incredible gospel centered organization that has huge social impact in and around the countries they are working in.

After we finished our afternoon treat open (Mount Meru Hotel is one of the only places you can get a chocolate milkshake that won't make you sick) I ran into some old friends from Ultimate Frisbee, Becky and Joanna, who happened to be sitting at the table next to us and I was able to spend another hour and a half catching up with them.

For dinner I headed up to cinemas, the only movie theater in town, and enjoyed delicious hotdogs at Yaz'd Bistro. I was able to join a table of Italians who are in town volunteering who invited me to an Italian lunch the following day which I unfortunately had to decline. After that it was off to bed and I was able to get a fairly good night sleep as I was still adjusting to the 10 hour time difference.

What a great day of relational connecting, fun and fellowship. I have to say that I do love a place where you can sit down at someone else's table and join the conversation without having to have had a pre-proposed invite.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment