Sunday morning Erick came over and we spent nearly 3 hours in an incredibly deep conversation surpassing all business and just talking through the issues of life. I was surprised to hear that he had not only read but understood and was implementing many of the principles and Jim Collins best selling business book "Good to Great". He was also enjoying, challenged & encouraged by Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven Life" which brought so many of the intangible Christian principles into practical focus.
He did admit that he was having trouble fully understanding Henry Ford's "My Life and Work" (yeah, so did I…) But he enjoyed what he was able to get out of it.
After that we headed to an Internet café in town to meet with Thomas and discuss the update of the website in progress. At 3 PM I headed to a bus stand to head to Kisongk to meet Lisa and Heather Borden who were shopping for Heathers back to school trip at RVA.
On the way to the bus stop I ran into Gertruda's grandmother and was excited to hear that she was doing well and enjoyed having to Gertruda back to visit during the breaks. In addition Vanessa was almost four was also doing well.
From Kisongo, Lisa, Heather and I headed up to their house on a 1,000 acre coffee plantation for the night. I didn't even take pictures since it wouldn't do it justice. But here's one of us having tea on the porch before dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment