Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Safe Arrival

And everything feels like home.

Made it safely on the 19 1/2 hour flight from LA to JRO then a 45 minute drive into Arusha with Philemon and Margaret, (our office co-workers from Wild Hope) who came to meet me at the airport. Thank you for your continued prayers. Already it has been so amazing to see how God has worked, including all of the fun things we were able to do nearly 3 years ago that have still stuck (more on that soon). For now I am able to enjoy living in our old accommodations at the Amani ("peace") house while the Russells are away on vacation. I look forward to reconnecting with them and the Russell kids upon their return.

Everything is as I remembered it, but now after nearly 3 years I get to come back and enjoy it for all it has become and all we helped to make it. Whether its structural improvements in the house, or the improved mosquito netting we had made for the bed I slept in last night, I get to come back home and remember the sights and sounds of Africa that I have come to miss after all this time.

Today will be one long reunion as I meet with Faith, Philemon and the guys from Hakuna Matata Walking Tours followed by a game of Ultimate Frisbee with our old ex-pat/volunteer community. I look forward to continuing to post updates as they come and look forward to giving you a full report upon my return. Thank you again for the many gifts, especially the gift of being here, it is changing lives.

Thanks and God bless,

-Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy to the max! May the rich fruit rise up before you and just make you speechless with his goodness!
    Give the Russells and Bordens my love!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete