| Chris, Erick and Erick at Chris's Computer Shop |
As we entered town to visit Gertruda at Amani Children's home in Moshi, Erick stopped to buy her a watch as well as 70 Lollipops for the kids. Whereas I had been previously used to picking up the tab the guys were not only able to accommodate and pay for themselves, but was surprised they were also picking up the tab for me as well. When I mentioned this to Erick he told me, "Yeah brother, we have money now.
Arriving at the Amani Children's home we were given a short tour before waiting for Getruda to return from school. Not seeing this precious girl for over three years was a bit of a shock to her and me as well, but after 15 or 20 minutes she began to warm up and enjoyed the watch and lollipops that Erick had brought her. Here we re-created the picture taken from our last blog post about her from July 2012.
Erick was kind enough to take a video of our reunion which I will upload when I get back to the states, because sometimes, words are not enough.
Salama
No comments:
Post a Comment