Well. I woke up this morning and a little man inside my head (who must have been hybernating or on vacation for the last six months) woke me up and said, "What in the world are you doing?!?!" I have to admit, until now I've been so busy packing, planning and traveling that nothing has really had time to sink in... Until now. I woke up feeling nauseous for the first time really thinking to myself, "a whole entire year?" That's a long time. And it's not just around the corner, or in Boston or even Alaska, it's the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD!
We're nearing the end of our three week road-trip to see friends and family and complete our fundraising (we currently have 40% of our monthly expenses pledged and 35% of our One-Time costs donated). I had an incredible time in Colorado visiting old college roommates of mine and showing Liz around my Alma Mater, Fort Lewis, in Durango. We stayed with wonderful friends, Bob & Sue, who were incredibly gracious despite some current circumstances - if you have a moment please pray for them.
We were also able to visit Mesa Verde and the ancient Cliff Dwelling ruins - there's a short video below if you're into that sort of thing. After traveling through Kansas and avoiding some pretty hairy Tornado watches we stopped by to visit our Friend Hillary and then onto my hometown, home sweet home Chicago to visit some friends and relatives. Tomorrow we leave my parents gorgeous farm in Lancaster Wisconsin to head down to Atlanta Georgia where we will depart for London in only 9 days. Please pray for safe travels (British Airways has reported an employee strike up until the day before we depart). We love and miss you greatly. Bye for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment