Joy and sadness filled my heart tonight as we spent our last evening for at least a year at Fusion and the Café. Looking out over a sea of smiling faces as we were prayed for and commissioned to go, I realized again how blessed I am to have called Christian Assembly my home – this place that has shaped me in so many ways, where I have built life-long friendships and grown in my walk with Jesus like never before. We are grateful and honored to be sent out from this community. The love and support we have felt from all our friends is overwhelming, and I stand amazed yet again at God’s incredible plan. He knows the people we need in our lives, the places we need to be, and exactly when we need them.
Though I know we have only planned to be gone for a year, I can’t help but think of all the changes that will happen while we are away. Good ones, challenging ones, life-changing ones. And it makes me sad to think that this year will hold so many memories I won’t be a part of. But in the midst of sadness comes indescribable joy – to know that we are embarking on a journey of obedience to give our lives away. To know that God has called us and chosen us to live out His Mission. To know that when we return lives will have been impacted for His Kingdom.
So I hold this joy and sadness with open hands…awaiting whatever God has in store.
Beautiful, dude! Thanks for writing this!!!
ReplyDelete